Please see below for transportation and parking options available to on-campus resident students.
Parking on campus is limited. For those who do not require a personal vehicle for off-campus employment or internships, please consider alternative transportation methods.
- U-Pass: Purchase a Semester U-Pass online to ride any OCTA bus. Routes 123, 26, and 57 come directly to the CSUF campus. This 5-month OCTA Bus Pass (U-Pass) can be purchased for $100 through the "Purchase Permits" page on the Parking website. The U-Pass will be mailed within 7 business days to the address provided at purchase or may be picked up from the Luxer Lockers at the Parking Office upon request. U-Passes are not transferable and non-refundable. Questions? Contact Commuter Services at email@example.com or 657-278-4699.
- Zipcar Membership: Resident students who do not purchase a parking permit are eligible to receive a complimentary ZipCar membership and additional driving credits. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your code! All students are eligible to purchase a Zipcar membership for $15/year. Students 18 or older may rent a Zipcar by the hour or by the day, with gas and insurance included. Zipcars are located in Resident Lot 1, and College Park North.
- Metrolink/Amtrak: Students can receive a 25% discount on Metrolink tickets and a 15% discount on Amtrak. The tickets can also be used to board any connecting OCTA bus for free.
Questions on alternative transportation options? Contact the Commuter Services Team at email@example.com.
- Second-year class standing and above: Eligible to purchase a Resident “R” permit valid in Resident Lot 1, Resident Lot 2, and Lot A. (Please see the color coded map below - 0.7 mile walk between Lot A and the Student Housing area)
- First-time freshmen: Eligible to purchase an “RF” permit valid in Lot A. (Please see the color coded map below - 0.7 mile walk between Lot A and the Student Housing area)
As a resident, you will be issued a virtual permit upon purchase. Your license plate is your permit! Vehicle information (license plate, make, model, and color) is required at purchase. Learn more at the License Plate Recognition (LPR) website.
Need to update or change the vehicle linked to your Resident Permit? Complete the Vehicle Change Request Form. Please allow up to 2 business days for processing.
Resident Shuttle In Lot a
A shuttle is provided from Student Lot A to Student Housing.
- Shuttle Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 7 p.m. to 2 a.m
The Resident shuttle stop is located on Stadium Way near the emergency blue phone. You may wait at the shuttle stop benches, or remain in your vehicle until you see the shuttle arrive. Four (4) stops will be made at Student Housing. A map with the shuttle stop and designated drop-off locations can be found here . If you need a ride during shuttle hours, you may contact (657)278-5421 and request a shuttle pick-up.
24/7 safety escort services are also available and provided by CSUF PD.