CSUF Assisted Parking Program
Why is there Assisted Parking?
At the start of the semester the demand for parking outnumbers the available spaces on campus. To help reduce this demand, Parking Company of America (PCA) was hired to provide assisted parking services. Assisted parking allows vehicles to park behind other cars after all spaces in a parking lot have been filled, enabling extra vehicles to park than otherwise possible.
How Assisted Parking Works
Parking Your Car
Signs will be placed in visible locations at the entrances of Lot A.
1. When you enter an assisted parking area, please follow the signs and obey the posted speed limit.
2. A parking attendant will direct you to park in a parking lot drive aisle. When instructed, stop your car and set the parking brake.
3. The attendant will take and affix a numbered inventory control tag to your car keys and give you a corresponding claim check. The claim check must be presented to an attendant to retrieve your car keys.
4. Parking Company of America recommends giving the valet car key, which does not open your glove box or truck to the attendant.
5. Before leaving your car, make sure to roll up all the car windows, lock the doors and note the location where your car is parked.
6. Never leave valuables in your car.
Retrieving Your Car
1. Return to the closest Assisted Parking Key Box where you originally parked your car.
2. Give the attendant your claim check.
3. The attendant will give you your car keys and you may take your vehicle. Attendants will be available if you need help.
If Your Car is Blocked
Go to the vehicle that is blocking your car. Under a front windshield wiper there is a numbered ticket. Tell an available attendant the ticket number. The attendant will need the ticket number to locate the corresponding keys of the blocking vehicle to move it and help you back out of the parking space. Alternatively, you can flag down an attendant for assistance.
Assisted Parking Service Hours
Assisted parking will be available from 8am to 4pm, Monday - Thursday. After 4pm, space permitting, attendants may move assisted parked cars from the lot aisles into a designated parking space as close to the location where the car was initially parked.
An attendant will be available in the parking lots until 10pm to return car keys. After 10pm, car keys can be retrieved from the University Police Department, located at the corner of State College Boulevard and Gym Drive. The University Police Dispatcher can be contacted by calling (657) 278-2515 or by using any of the emergency blue telephones located throughout the campus.
Additional Notes About Assisted Parking
The assisted parking attendants are required to lock all car doors and windows, engage the parking brake, write the correct location of your parked vehicle on the claim check, and where applicable, reactivate car alarms and reattach steering wheel locks if originally placed on a steering wheel. Any deviation from this standard procedure should be reported to the Assisted Park Supervisor.
Remember, do not leave valuables in your car. Store any valuables in your car trunk or take them with you. Claims for loss or damage must be made with the Assisted Park Supervisor on duty. Any claims or inquiries should be addressed to: Christopher Nelson, Parking Company of America, (714) 402-1257. Claims must be made before leaving campus.
General questions about assisted parking may be directed to: Cal State Fullerton, Parking & Transportation Services at (657) 278-3082, Monday - Friday between 7:00am - 5:00pm.